Meet the Dentist
Get to Know Dr. Malinda Kearbey
Dr. Kearbey has been practicing dentistry for 18 years so far, and for the past 9, she’s gotten to live her dream because she gets to work alongside her husband and an incredible team while serving a diverse array of patients. She strives to bond with everyone she treats to ensure they enjoy comfortable care that always results in a beautiful, healthy smile. To learn more about Dr. Kearbey before your first appointment, read on below.
Why Did You Want to Become a Dentist?
After earning her undergrad degree, Dr. Kearbey knew she wanted to work in the engineering and/or medical world. She then met two important people in her life, our own Dr. Brandon and another of her closest friends, who were for sure going to be dentists. After learning more about the career, she decided it would be a good fit for her.
Where Did You Study Dentistry?
Dr. Malinda Kearbey graduated from Walla Walla University in 2002 with a bachelor’s degree in bioengineering. In 2006, she earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) from Loma Linda University. She has previously worked in a family practice for five years and a children’s clinic for two years. She is the recipient of the Academic Excellence Gold Award from Loma Linda University as well as the R.L. Fawkes and L.J. Fogel Memorial Award for Excellence in Pathology.
Dr. Kearbey is a member of the American Dental Association, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Oregon Dental Association, and the Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society. Over the years, she has completed several continuing education courses, including:
- Minimal Sedation Certification 2012
- Spear digital learning- Restorative Dentistry- 19 hours 2012/2013
- Spear digital learning- Esthetic Dentistry- 25 hours 2012/2013
- Spear digital learning- Occlusion in Dentistry- 7 hours 2013
- Spear digital learning- Communication with Patients and Patient experience- 12 hours 2013
- Spear February 2013- Facially Generated Treatment Planning Workshop 24 hours
- Spear October 2013- Demystifying Occlusion Seminar 15 hours
- Millennium study club 3 hours 2013
- Spear Study Club 2013 12 hours
- Spear February 2014- Occlusion in Clinical Practice Workshop 24 hours
- Spear Study Club 2014
- Millennium Study Club 2014
- Spear Education- Complex Case Planning, Sequencing, and Phased Treatment
- Spear Education- Worn Dentition
- Spear Education- Excellence in Composite Restorations
- Spear Education- Restoration Design
- Spear Education- Anterior Restorative Design
- Spear Education- Occlusion in Clinical Practice
Outside of the Dental Office, What Do You Like to Do?
Dr. Kearbey lives in Hillsboro, Oregon with her husband, Dr. Brandon, and their two young daughters. Together, they love to go “adventuring.” In the last year and a half, they have visited Yellowstone, Grand Teton, the Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde, Arches, and Canyonlands. Recently, she and Dr. Brandon climbed Mount St. Helens and have hiked the Enchantment Core in Leavenworth, WA. Dr. Kearbey also enjoys running and has completed multiple half-marathons, obstacle/mud runs, and Spartan races.