September 23, 2017
Every time you go to the grocery or drug store you pass by the intimidating aisle of teeth whitening products. You’d love to have a brighter smile, but you’re not sure where to begin. There are so many over-the-counter products to choose from and your dentist also offers whitening treatments, but how do you know which treatments are right for you? Your dentist in Hillsboro has some helpful information.
The Benefits of Professional Whitening
While many drug store whitening products are effective, you may achieve better results working with your dentist. Here’s why:
- Higher Strength Whitening Gel – Your dentist has access to higher strength whitening products that deliver results in less time. In fact, in-office whitening treatments can produce immediate and stunning outcomes.
- Customized Whitening Trays – Your dentist will make customized whitening trays for you based on impressions taken of your teeth. Store bought products are one-size-fits-all, which could result in injury or undesirable results.
- Safety First – It’s always advisable to whiten your teeth under the supervision of your dentist who can advise you if you experience any problems or issues with sensitivity.
Protecting Your Investment
Your dentist can also help you protect your investment in a whiter, brighter smile with regular cleaning appointments. Professional teeth cleanings help to remove excess plaque and staining that can occur over time when you eat certain foods and beverages.
Some items that will stain your teeth to be aware of are:
- Tomatoes or marinara sauce
- Soy sauce
- Coffee, tea, red wine, and dark colas
- Black berries, raspberries, and blueberries
You don’t have to stop consuming these items, just be aware to rinse with water after, and brush as soon as you can to reduce the effects of staining.
If you’re ready to brighten your smile with teeth whitening, the first step is to contact your dentist. They can discuss any recommendations for drug store products and you can learn more about the in-office whitening products they offer so you can select the type of whitening treatment that’s right for your needs.
About the Author
Drs. Brandon Kearbey and Malinda Kearbey have been providing high quality dentistry to patients in Hillsboro, OR for over a decade. Patients will find a wide array of services for their dental needs, delivered in a relaxed and friendly environment.
If you’d like to contact The Dentists at Orenco Station, they can be reached through their website, or by calling 503-747-5930.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.